4.11.2009

20 colors

I made a list and sampled what I thought were my essential oil colors:
Cadmium Lemon
Cadmium Yellow Pale
Cadmium Yellow Medium
(Cadmium Yellow Deep)
Cadmium Orange
Cadmium Red Light
Cadmium Red Medium
Cadmium Red Deep
Alizarin Crimson
Lamp Black
Titanium White
Cerulean Blue
Manganese Blue Hue
Cobalt Blue
Ultramarine Blue
Prussian Blue
Viridian
Sap Green
Naples Yellow
Yellow Ochre


I made some discoveries:
I didn't have Cadmium Yellow Deep and think maybe I can get along without it
Cadmium Red Med and Deep look the same -- all these years I've bought both! I think of the money I could have saved if I'd done this color array 35 years ago...
(yes, I can't believe I've never done this before - silly me)
So my 20 essential colors are now 18 essential colors.

2 comments:

Patricia C Vener said...

What a brilliant answer to the 31 day assignment! And I'm psyched to do something similar for myself (not necessarily for blogging but to have on hand).

Patricia

Katherine Kean said...

It's nice to have a couple less colors to worry about running out of.