7.08.2010

mini: locket


mini: locket
Originally uploaded by anne m bray

this is the final sketch in the ArtHouse Monthly "Mini" sketchbook.
to see the full project, click here:
search/label/mini

Originally, I was going to close the book with another Barbie shoe sketch (it starts with a Barbie flip flop). I never did find the type I was looking for (the classic Barbie mule).
During the search I came across my Great Aunt Carol's charm bracelet that I inherited. Since there were lots of little things on it, I started examining the charms closely as potential models. I noticed that this heart was actually a locket. I opened it up, and inside is the tiniest photo of Great Uncle Russell. That slayed me. How romantic.
They both passed away in the 90s, but I remember them with great fondness. They were both very important in my artistic development.

No comments: