1.09.2024

#cluttercleanup 2024. Making the Bed

This was a major achievement. 
I finally ordered a bed frame to get my mattress off the floor.
It arrived on Monday.
I couldn't deal with it then, today I was at least going to sketch it!

Sketch and bed:

Sketch:

I was determined to get this DONE!
I put it together this evening.

Success! Fairly easy assembly.
Wrestling the mattress onto it was much harder.

With the contoured bottom sheet, pillow, and "headboard"
(one of those triangular post-surgury pillows)
I made my bed and slept in it.
Yay me!

The frame is manufactured by KD Frames. It's a Twin Trestle, made of Tulip Poplar wood. I left the wheels off.

1 comment:

Shelbee on the Edge said...

Yay, Anne! Very cool bed frame and your bed looks nice and cozy! I used to have a giant windowsill ledge that my bed was up against and to this day it is still the coziest sleep space ever in my life. We currently have two mattresses stacked on the floor but we are planning to build a similar palette style bed frame for it. Eventually. One day. After we replace the carpet. But the chimney might need replacing first. Ha.

Shelbee